The Grand Waterworld Makadi Hotel offers a blend of modern facilities and traditional Moorish styling, from its state of the art waterpark, to the soothing fountains. Guest rooms are generously sized and beautifully finished, with honey-hued trelliswork and stunning marble bathrooms.
Beautiful beachside location on Makadi Bay, 25 km from the airport and 35 km from the town of Hurghada. The hotel is part of a holiday “village” including other hotels, linked by a promenade, the Makadi Mall and Makadi Sports Centre.
Advertised price based on 2 adults and 2 children under 12 years in a Junior Suite, departing 31 August 2021 from London Stansted
Food & drink
- 3 buffet restaurants with live cooking stations
- 5 à la carte restaurants: Italian, German, Kebab, Mexican & fine dining
- 6 bars with table service (including swim-up, pool and beach bars)
- 3 snack bars
- Additional à la carte dining at the Makadi Mall (drinks at extra charge)
- 24 hr lobby bar*
- 7 pools including
- 3 large freeform pools (3 heated in winter)
- Sun loungers, parasols and towels provided
- Heated pool with swim up bar
- Giant flumes with 5 water slides including a family slide, and “AquaLoop” Wave pool
- Flow rider – an artificial wave for learning to surf!
- Rain fortress with slides, waterfalls and water cannon, lazy river for gently floating around on rubber rings
- The hotel lies on its own gently sloping private beach.
- There are areas of coral on the beach so beach shoes are recommended.
- Sun loungers, parasols and beach towels provided.
Sports & leisure
- Table tennis
- Aqua aerobics
- Water polo
- Live daytime and evening entertainment programme
- Makadi Sports Centre* with fitness club, tennis courts, football pitch & sports bar
- Free WiFi in lobby area
- 24 hr limousine service*
- Laundry service*
- Free shuttle bus to the Grand Mall, Hurghada
- Christmas and New Year gala dinners
All rooms have king size bed, bath, separate shower, WC, air conditioning (seasonal), hair dryer, safe, mini-fridge and satellite TV. Telephone and mini-bar drinks are at extra charge.
JUNIOR SUITES are spacious, include a lounge area and have a balcony or terrace with a garden view. Sleep 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults. POOL VIEW upgrade available.
FAMILY STAR SUITES in the Sunwing Family Star annexe include a master bedroom and a separate living room with sofa bed plus two single beds in a partially screened sleeping area. Sleeps 3 adults and 2 children, or 2 adults and 3 children. Minimum occupancy 2 adults/2 children.
FAMILY ROOMS are larger and the lounge area has 4 single sofa beds. Sleeps 2 adults and 4 children or 3 adults.
Transfer time 45 mins
Child age 2-12 years